Island Escapes would like to congratulate our dear friends at Vomo Island, Fiji on their very successful re-opening on the 1st September 16.
Mother Nature turned on one of our most popular resorts in February when Tropical Cyclone Winston unleashed its fury on Fiji, and Vomo found itself right in its path. Battered and bruised, the island’s incredible staff swapped their uniforms for gardening gloves and tool belts and spent the last 6 months with the building team, not just putting her back together, but making her better than ever. F$30M has been invested into the property (in addition to the extensive refurbishment that was undertaken in 2015) and the resort’s Management, under the leadership of General Manager Mark Leslie, have taken the opportunity to make even more improvements. These include:
- New landscaping throughout
- New reception area creating a greater sense of arrival
- New cold larder room at the restaurant
- New decking around the swimming pool and Vuda Bar
- New surface on the tennis court
- New equipment at the Kids Village
- Improvements to the Hillside Villas allowing for greater accessibility and vistas
- Completion of the new BeacHouse and The Palms – their new luxury 3 and 4 bedroom Residences
To celebrate the re-opening, Vomo is offering a F$1000 Resort credit to be spent on spa treatments, alcoholic beverages, Baby Butler services, watersports or excursions to all new bookings made prior to 30 Nov 16 travelling 01 Feb – 31 Mar 17.
They have also put together a MUST WATCH new resort Video which is backed by an original song by the talented singer/songwriter Max Marvell.
We’ve missed Vomo! We’ve missed her sunny smiles, her fabulous food, her beautiful beaches, her stunning accommodation and most importantly, we’ve missed the phone calls/emails from returning clients thanking us for sending them to Paradise for their holidays! So we are super excited that she’s back – more fabulous than ever, and ready to welcome our guests back on her very fair shores.