Island Escapes is committed to protecting your privacy and Personal Information when you deal with Island Escapes and ensuring that it collects, stores and deals with your Personal Information appropriately and lawfully, including in accordance with the relevant privacy legislation.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘Privacy Act’) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), as contained in the Privacy Act, apply to the collection of personal information by Island Escapes. The APPs detail how personal information may be collected, used, disclosed, stored and destroyed, and how an individual may gain access to or make complaints about the personal information held about them.
- what types of Personal Information Island Escapes collect and hold;
- the purposes for which Island Escapes collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information;
- how Island Escapes collect Personal Information;
- how you may access, update, and/or complain in relation to the Personal Information that Island Escapes hold in relation to you and seek any correction to that information;
- how Island Escapes’ collections, uses stores, and discloses credit information and commercial credit eligibility information;
how Island Escapes disclose Personal Information; and
- disclosure of Personal Information to overseas recipients.
3. Personal Information
The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth) commenced in March 2014 and has replaced the definition of ‘personal information’ in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) with the following: ‘personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable: whether the information or opinion is true or not; and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. (‘Personal Information’).
4. Purpose of Collecting, Holding or Using Personal Information
- Island Escapes collects, holds, discloses and uses your Personal Information:
to provide you with booking services;
- to provide, assist and facilitate Island Escapes and/or its suppliers, and/or third parties who provide customer service to you;
- to provide, assist and facilitate Island Escapes and/or its suppliers, and/or third parties who provide information technology services such as airline related systems, data storage, distribution services, passenger and freight booking and processing systems, communication networks, software and system development, maintenance and support, and information processing, analysis and reporting;
- to provide, assist and facilitate Island Escapes and/or its suppliers, and/or third parties who provide services in the course of investigating a complaint or a security incident;
- to provide, assist and facilitate Island Escapes and/or its suppliers, and/or external service providers, including those providing billing services, catering services, chauffeur services, airport lounge operations, and ground handling services (such as check-in agents, freight handling and special assistance);
- to administer Island Escapes’ relationship with you including responding to queries;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as but not limited to procedural assessment, risk management, staff training, accounting, billing, product and service reviews;
- to assist and facilitate
- to comply with legislative requirements such as under the Personal Property and Securities Act 2009 (Cth);
- to monitor activity on Island Escapes website(s);
- to identify and inform you about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to provide you with information about products, services and offerings that may be of interest to you;
- to distribute our newsletters and other communications either directly or with the assistance of third party services providers;
- By submitting your Personal Information to Island Escapes, you consent to Island Escapes using your Personal Information in the above ways.
5. Types of Personal Information Island Escapes collect and hold
The types of Personal Information Island Escapes may collect from our external parties and hold include (without limitation):
- Your name, gender, date of birth, contact details, address, image, drivers licence, copy signature;
- Passport photo, passport details and signature along with accompanying VISA information (if any);
- Flight and other travel details;
- Billing address and email address(es);
- Telephone numbers;
- Frequent flyer number or other loyalty program membership details;
- Dietary requirements (if any);
- Social media profile;
- Health information relevant to your travel arrangements;
- Payment details (such as credit/debit card number and expiry date) provided in connection with the purchase of our products and services;
- Insurance provider’s details,
- Company details, company contact details, business premises details;
- Details of the products and service provided;
6 How Island Escapes Collects Personal Information
Island Escapes may collect personal information about you when you use services provided by Island Escapes or purchase Island Escapes’ goods, make or update a booking to use Island Escapes services, register to receive Island Escapes newsletters or other communications, visit Island Escapes websites, Island Escapes social media page(s) or other multimedia platform or otherwise interact with Island Escapes. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when Island Escapes collects information about you from a third party. These third parties may include:
- Third Parties making bookings on your behalf, or otherwise interact with Island Escapes on your behalf, including when you make an inquiry with a representative agent but do not proceed to a booking;
- Other related entities to Island Escapes;
- Travel Agents and Travel Agency bodies; and
- Publicly available sources of information.
7. How Island Escapes Hold Information and Keep it Secure
Island Escapes holds your personal information in a combination of hard copy and electronic files. Island Escapes use third party information system providers who may store or have access to your personal information.
Island Escapes has physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place for personal information and take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
Island Escapes may combine personal information it receives about you with other information Island Escapes holds about you. This includes information received from our related entities and/or third parties.
8. Use and Disclosure
Island Escapes understands the importance of keeping Personal Information private, and will only disclose such information to others in limited circumstances. Other parties to which Island Escapes may disclose Personal Information include:
- Island Escapes’ professional advisers;
- government and regulatory authorities;
- foreign government and regulatory authorities;
- Island Escapes related entities;
- Airlines and their associated entities;
- Island Escapes’ suppliers and/or third parties who provide customer service to you;
- Island Escapes’ suppliers, and/or third parties who provide information technology services such as airline related systems, data storage, distribution services, passenger and freight booking and processing systems, communication networks, software and system development, maintenance and support, and information processing, analysis and reporting;
Island Escapes’ suppliers, and/or third parties who provide services in the course of investigating a complaint or a security incident;
- Island Escapes’ suppliers, and/or external service providers, including those providing billing services, catering services, chauffeur services, airport lounge operations, and ground handling services (such as check-in agents, freight handling and special assistance);
- Island Escapes’ third party corporate service providers (i.e. webmaster, graphic designers etc);
Trade Credit Insurance Providers; and
- Credit Reporting Bodies (default information).
In connection with (or for reasons directly related to) any of the purposes set out in this policy. Island Escapes also discloses Personal Information to contractors who provide services to Island Escapes or who manage services provided to an individual on Island Escapes’ behalf. Personal Information is only disclosed to contractors to the extent necessary to enable them to provide these services.
Island Escapes may be permitted or obligated to disclose Personal Information to other third parties where:
Island Escapes reasonably believes that the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or safety and it is unreasonable or impracticable to obtain your consent to the disclosure;
there is reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, is occurring and that the disclosure is necessary for Island Escapes to take appropriate action in relation to this matter;
Island Escapes is required or authorized to do so by law and/or an enforcement body; or
as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act.
9. Disclosure to overseas recipients
In the course of providing services to you, Island Escapes may disclose your personal information to suppliers, service providers and third parties located overseas who provide service(s) in connection with your booking and any associated travel services, along with law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and governments for security, customs and immigration purposes. These parties may be located in any country to which you travel to or through.
Island Escapes may also disclose your personal information to data processors (including operators of global travel distribution systems) and customer service providers located overseas. The countries in which these third parties are located include, but are not limited to, Fiji, Samoa, Vanuatu and Thailand. Island Escapes deals with many different service providers all over the world, so it is not possible for Island Escapes to set out in this Policy all of the different countries to which Island Escapes may send your personal information. However, if you have any specific questions about where or to whom your personal information will be sent, please refer to the “Our Contact” section below.
10. Retention and destruction of Personal Information
Island Escapes maintains procedures and standards and takes reasonable steps to prevent unauthorized access to, use, modification, or disclosure of, Personal Information. Island Escapes takes reasonable steps to protect an individual’s information from misuse, interference or loss including the use of firewalls, anti-virus software and ongoing internal monitoring. Once an individual’s information is no longer needed by Island Escapes, reasonable steps are taken to destroy or de-identify it (except where archiving is required for the purposes for which the information was collected).
11. Sensitive Information
Sensitive Information includes information or an opinion about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, philosophical or religious beliefs or affiliations, membership of a political, trade or professional association or trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record, health or genetic information, biometric information that is used for the purpose of biometric verification or identification, or biometric templates. Island Escapes will only collect, hold or disclose Sensitive Information if: the individual has consented or the collection is required or authorized by or under law or a court/tribunal order.
12. Access to and Correction of Personal Information / Privacy Complaints
APPs 12 & 13 under the Privacy Act makes it clear that individuals have a right to request access to their personal information, credit information, commercial credit eligibility information and to request its correction. Island Escapes will provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception which applies under the APPs.
Island Escapes may recover from you its reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information. However, Island Escapes will not charge you for the making of the request or to correct or update your personal information.
Your request to provide access to the personal information about you as held by Island Escapes will be dealt with within a reasonable time.
Island Escapes takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information, Island Escapes collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date, relevant, and not misleading. If your personal information, is incorrect or changes, please contact the Island Escapes’ Privacy Officer in any of the ways set out below so that Island Escapes can update your Personal Information.
If Island Escapes refuses to provide you with access to, or correct, the information, Island Escapes will notify you of its reasons for the refusal to the extent required and how you may complain about the refusal.
If you are not satisfied with Island Escapes’ response, you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner: by email: email@example.com; by phone: 1300 363 992; by writing: GPO Box 2999, Canberra, ACT 2601 or GPO Box 5218, Sydney, NSW 2001
Our Contact Details
You can contact us by email at:
or by writing to:
P.O. Box 486,
ASHBURTON VIC 3147
Ph: (03) 9809 8777
Fax: (03) 9809 8778