Castaway Island Fiji
Castaway Island is everything you expect an island resort in Fiji to be. Located on a beautiful white sand beach and featuring air conditioned thatched bures and a fabulous complimentary Kids Club.
One of Fiji’s most popular island resorts. For good reason.
This exceptionally well maintained resort is one of the most popular in the country, and it is easy to see why. Located on a 174 acre privately owned Island, it is the perfect choice for romantic couples with or without children. The air conditioned bures all feature traditional vaulted tapa lined ceilings, garden or ocean facing patios and a spacious, elegant design. Guest activities abound including snorkelling off the beach, PADI Five Star Gold Palm diving, surfing trips, catamarans, kayaks, windsurfers, parasailing, hand line fishing, speedboat dolphin safaris, champagne island hops and more. Or of course you can just while away the afternoon lying beside the one of the 2 new swimming pools – one designated as a quiet area with Jacuzzi and swim up bar.
Caters perfectly for families with the Castaway legendary Kids Club.
Family is a cherished concept on Castaway. Children are tended to by caring staff at its legendary Kids Club which is open daily from 9am – 10pm. Dedicated children’s dining times, activities and the new family pool with its custom built Fijian ‘waterfall’ and the neighbouring Nuku Marau Grill (offering a variety of Asian and Polynesian inspired cuisine) provide families with the opportunity to spend quality time together.
Find some “Fiji Time”
Castaway Island Fiji is a place where ‘time’ is rediscovered – time to enjoy loved ones and time to meet new friends. We recommend that you book early as this resort is (understandably) very popular.
- Location: Mamanuca Islands. Accessed by launch, water taxi, seaplane or helicopter
- 66 freestanding air conditioned and fan cooled bures
- 3 restaurants and 4 bars
- 1 adult pool and 1 family pool. Massage facilities available
- Bures are free of electronic entertainment
- Complimentary WiFi internet access available in the Lali Bar or at the Internet Alcove at the front office
- Inclusions: Room only. Meal plan available
- Max 4 people per bure. Limited number of bures accommodate 5 people. Family beach bure accommodates up to 10 people
- Honeymoon Bonus: A bottle of sparkling wine, 2 Castaway sulus and a dolphin safari island hop excursion for 2 people (conditions apply)
- Children’s Policy: Complimentary Kids Club operates daily from 9am–10pm for children 3–12 years. Babysitting available (charged). Children U5 years dine free. Family friendly accommodation available
Castaway: Everything you dreamed …
Long stretches of soft white sand beaches fringe a turquoise lagoon abundant with colourful fish and vibrant coral reefs. Freestanding thatched bures are nestled among richly coloured tropical gardens laden with palm trees, hibiscus and the sweet aroma of blooming frangipani. Fresh seasonal produce from both local and international suppliers are bought to your table, bursting with flavor. And you are greeted with a heart felt “Bula” from your waiter to the gardeners, and everyone in between.
Castaway is located in the very popular island resort area known as the Mamanuca Group of islands. The Mamanucas are popular due to their close proximity to the mainland of Fiji, Viti Levu. Getting to Castaway is easy and fun! Castaway is serviced by South Sea Cruises via fast, 150 seat, split deck air-conditioned catamarans. Transfer cruising time is approximately one hour, thirty minutes. The air-conditioned catamaran departs both Denarau Marina and Castaway Island three times daily. Want to arrive a little quicker? Fast helicopter and seaplane transfers are also available. See map below for exact island location.
“Under the Castaway Spell” – Tripadvisor.com
A charming family island resort – I cried when we left. Its akin to a private beach club and gets a lot of return travelers. Kids love this place and so will parents.